What do you write when you have unlimited options? Do you even have to write? I am sure these are the questions running through your head. I found that open posts are my favorite to read. My students never fail to surprise me and I find that I am able to learn more about them that the classroom suppresses. Are you a poet? An Artist? A Fashionista? A cook? A Photographer? A Musician? Open posts are your opportunities to showcase your passion and your hidden talents! I like to use listicles in my posts. Below are my top five things to do in central Florida this spring.
- Pick strawberries at Pappy’s in Oviedo. It is $3.00 a pound, but they are better than any you will buy.
- Spring hop! Head out after school on a sunny afternoon or during your spring break. My favorite that is close by is Rock Springs @ Kelly Park. If you don’t get here early on the weekend, you are shut out. If you are in for a day trip, Rainbow Springs.
- Kayak or cruise around the historic chain of lakes in Winter Park.
- Read Before His Time by Ben Green or Lay That Trumpet in Our Hands by Susan McCarthy and then visit the Harry T. Moore Center.
- Pancakes at DeLeon Springs. Not my favorite spring, but a college-budget friendly all-you-can-make-&-eat pancake place aka the Sugar Mill Restaurant. Honestly I don’t eat pancakes, but it is well worth the visit for those of you who do. Spring is the best time as there is no AC. (Gluten-free and vegan options available too) You can swim while you wait.
I look forward to reading your open posts! What is on your spring to-do list aside from school and work?