When I think about tech tools, I consider what will best help grow writers including motivating them, allowing them a greater audience, or just creating. This week I have culled a group of tools and sites for you to explore to think about using with your future students. They are six questions to explore. Start here:
- Consider the terms in the Wordle below and these questions: Are you a digital native, visitor, or resident? How do you live your tech life?
2. Tech Tools to Enhance Student Learning: Visit each site. Consider some of the tools that I have used with my students. (These are not all of them just a sample.) Think about how you might use each one to reach out to students, parents, or the community. Choose one and write about it.
- Screen-Cast-O-Matic: Record Screen Shots
- My Screencast Lesson on the Creating A Ning Account
- My Friend’s Screencast Modeling an Essay
- VoiceThread: Respond to Images & Documents
- Check for Understanding
3. Authentic Tasks for Students: Here are a list of a few tools that you can use with students to write virtually. Why is this important? What are the benefits? The risks? Write about your favorite discoveries.
- Word Images
- Snack Tools www.flipsnack.com
- WattPad www.wattpad.com
- Live Binder www.livebinder.com
- Check out my livebinder for my students: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?present=true&id=1480651
- Make it Look Like a Newspaper http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp
4. What Lies Ahead? Check out what is going on in the teacher-tech world. Review Jane Hart’s Post at http://c4lpt.co.uk/top100tools/top100-edu/ and see what teachers are using around the world. This year she has expanded her work to encompass the top 2oo tools for personal, workplace, and school learning found here . I like to start at the end of the PPT to see what technology is emerging. Explore! Write about you noticed about the learning tools!
5. Review this digital tool version of Bloom’s Taxonomy below. Based on what you have done today and what you understand about Bloom’s Taxonomy, explain what teachers need to consider as they integrate technology?
6. Based on your exploration what will you try next?